This agreement is made between TAILored Pet Services LLC and (“Client”) and shall apply to all future services unless altered in writing and signed by both parties. For purposes of this contract, “Client” refers to the person(s) listed on page 1, line 1 of this agreement and refers to the person contracting services for one or more domestic animals. TAILored Pet Services LLC, its employees, and its agents are collectively referred to as “TPS”.
- TPS is not an emergency or on-call service. Service will not be provided unless Client has spoken directly to TPS and reservations have been accepted. TPS requests at least 48 hours notice prior to departure for repeat clients and ten days notice for new clients. A written Service Request must be provided to TPS before service is provided for any period.
- Document terms apply to all the pets owned by the client, including any and all new pets that the customer obtains on or after the date this document was signed, at any and all locations the owner designates for service.
TPS agrees to provide services stated in this agreement to Client’s pet(s) in a loving, reliable, caring and trustworthy manner for a set fee. All concerns related to the provision of services by TPS should be reported to Antigone Killingstad immediately.
- Client must have legal rights to place the animals in the care of TPS, Kennels, and Veterinary Clinics. TPS cannot service a home with “visiting” pets or animals that do not belong to the resident of the service site without separate sets of contract forms accepted and signed by each rightful owner(s).
- Client agrees to contract work directly through TPS and not privately with any TPS representative.
New Client Paperwork and Veterinary Release constitute the sole and entire agreement between Client and TPS, and the parties waive the right to rely on any alleged expressed or implied provision not contained therein. The contract shall be completed in writing by client and supplied to TPS prior to beginning of service. Any false, misleading, misrepresented, or omitted information shall constitute a breach of contract that may result in cancellation of service by TPS either before or after service has begun. Any alteration to this agreement must be in writing and signed by both parties.
Client’s signature on this contract shall bind Client to the terms contained herein for all future services provided enabling TPS to accept all future telephone, online, text or email reservations and enter client’s premises and perform services without additional signed contracts or written authorizations.
Relationship: It is understood that Client retains the services of TPS as an Independent Contractor/not an employee.
- New Clients: Prior to making a reservation, an in-home interview is required for all new clients. As a courtesy, TPS will tentatively pencil in a client’s dates; however, TPS will not make a commitment to provide care without first assessing the Client’s/pet’s needs. During interview, TPS and Client will also review and sign agreements.
- Repeat Clients: Client may make telephone, text or email reservations for additional service at any time during the term of this contract, subject to TPS availability. All scheduled visits will be governed by all the terms of this contract. TPS appreciate as much advance notice as possible, but will make every effort to accommodate all requests.
- dditional consultations will be required if significant changes to this contract need to be made (after moving to a new home, adding a new animal to the family, etc).
- Last Minute Reservations: TPC will make every attempt to accommodate a repeat client’s last- minute need; however, availability on short notice is dependent on current schedule.
- Confirmation: Clients must confirm reservations with TPS directly to ensure messages care will be provided.
- All visits will be for approximately 30 minutes, occasionally a bit more, depending on pets’ needs, additional services requested and TPS’s schedule. Every attempt will be made to give the pet(s) the care and attention required in the allowed time; however, if the number of pets and list of chores exceeds 35 minutes, an additional charge of $5.00 will be billed in 15 minute increments.
- To ensure the comfort and well-being of Client’s pet(s), Clients requesting TPS visits while away for periods of 24 hours or greater must reserve a minimum of three visits per 24 hour period for dogs who are otherwise not able to use the bathroom (ie, via a doggy door) and a minimum of one visit per day for all other animals.
- In the event a client needs to extend the agreed upon schedule, it is mandatory that TPS be contacted immediately. TPS will only accept extensions of service by direct confirmation.
- Pet sitting fees for scheduled visits are due 7-14 days in advance. Reservations are not confirmed until full payment is received by TPS or special arrangements are agreed upon by both parties in writing. A $2 per visit late charge will be assessed to service that is not paid in advance.
- Cash, checks, and credit cards are acceptable methods of payment and billing and payment inquiries should be directed to Antigone Killingstad. Rates are posted at www.tailoredpetservices.com and are subject to change without notice. Checks should be made out to: TAILored Pet Services.
- Client agrees to pay a $40.00 fee for each check returned by the client’s bank regardless of reason.
- Additional fees may include the purchase of necessary items for the care of the pet(s), including but not limited to pet food, litter or cleaning supplies, transportation, unexpected visits and emergency expenses for health care. TPS shall retain and submit receipts as proof of additional expenses.
- An additional fee of 25% will be added for visits made on any of the following holidays: Easter, Memorial Weekend, Fourth of July weekend, Labor Day weekend, Thanksgiving weekend, Christmas/New Year’s week (approximately three days before Christmas until day after January 2).
- Monthly dog walking fees are due in advance by the 1st of each month unless prior arrangements are made.
- Fees due for unplanned expenses or emergencies will be billed monthly. Balances left unpaid in excess of 30 days will bear interest at 12% and will be sent to collections ~ the client will be responsible for those fees, as well ~ unless other arrangements have been made in advance.
Pet Sitting Cancellations:
Failure by the client to cancel by giving the minimum notice required will result the fees stated below unless such cancellation is caused by severe weather, death in the family, medical emergency or cancelled business trip.
- 0-48 hours prior to any service: Payment in full is charged (no refunds)
- 3-7 days prior to service: 25% of service total is due (equals a 75% refund)
- 8 days prior to service or more: No charge, refund in full except holidays.
- Holidays: 14+ days prior to service-no charge, 13 days or less: full payment is charged (no refunds)
- Boarding/Overnights: 31+ days prior to service-no charge, 30 days or less: full payment is charged (no refunds)
- TPS is responsible for performing the agreed-on services in an attentive, reliable and caring manner and the Client is responsible for providing all necessary information to assist in this performance.
- TPS is authorized to perform care and services as outlined on this contract.
- If in TPS’s judgment additional services become necessary during the service period to properly care for the animal, TPS will first make reasonable attempts to contact Client. If Client cannot be contacted for whatever reason, TPS is authorized to undertake such additional steps as may in the reasonable judgment of the TPS be necessary or appropriate for the health and welfare of the animal, including but not limited to: (1) additional visits by TPS to provide care for the animal, (2) consultation with Client’s Veterinarian or emergency care provider should Client’s Veterinarian be unavailable or (3) authorizing care and treatment as recommended by Client’s Veterinarian/emergency veterinary care provider
- Client is responsible for ensuring all pets are current on vaccinations. Client shall pay all costs and damages incurred by any party bitten or injured by Client’s pet(s) or exposed to an illness carried by Client’s pet(s).
- Client is responsible for pet-proofing house and yard, and the security fences/gates/latches. TPS will not be responsible for the safety of any pets and will not be liable for the injury, disappearance, death, or fines of any pet with unsecured access to the outdoors.
- Client is responsible for supplying all necessary, equipment/supplies needed for the safe care of their pet (s). Client authorizes any purchases necessary for the satisfactory performance of duties. If supplies provided by client are insufficient for the duration of service, TPS will purchase additional supplies at Client’s expense. Client will reimburse TPS for cost of supplies plus a $35.00 service fee within 14 days of the last date of service.
- It is the client’s responsibility to notify anyone with access to the home that TPS’s services have been engaged because TPS will call the police on all intruders or suspicious acts without exception.
- It is the client’s responsibility to ensure all pets have some form of permanent ID
- TPS recommends animals remain inside the home or confined to a yard or pen for their own safety and welfare during the client’s absence.
- It is the client’s responsibility to ensure all information in this contract remains current and TPS has access to your home during service period scheduled by Client so pet care continues uninterrupted.
- TPS will obtain THREE client house keys during the initial visit, when service is scheduled and agreements are signed. TPS will retain client’s keys if client so desires to enable email/telephone reservations and avoid $15 key pick up/drop off charge. All keys are tagged with a unique code and kept in a locked safe when not in use. TPS agrees to keep safe and confidential all keys, remote control entry devices, access codes and personal information of the client and to return said security supplies to the client at the end of the contract period or immediately on demand.
- TPS is not responsible or liable for any house key(s) left outside at Client’s request.
- TPS is not responsible for any events that occur while someone else is in Client’s home during the duration of TPS’s service or for any damage to or loss of property from unauthorized entry.
- TPS is not liable for any loss or damage in the event a burglary or other crime that should occur while under this contract. Client agrees to secure home prior to leaving the premises. TPS will re-secure the home to the best of its ability at the end of each visit.
- In the event of an emergency, TPS shall contact the client at the numbers provided to confirm the client’s choice of action. If the client cannot be reached promptly, then TPS is authorized to: (1) transport the pet(s) to the listed veterinarian and (2) request on-site treatment from a veterinarian OR (3) transport the pet(s) to an emergency clinic if the previous two options are not feasible.
- Client authorizes TPS to incur veterinary costs in the name of the Client (billed to Client’s credit card number on file at the Veterinary’s office) and agrees to hold TPS harmless from any liability arising from such veterinary charges, services, or transportation to/from veterinary office. A $35.00/hr. charge will be incurred if TPS must transport and/or wait for pet(s) at veterinary office.
- TPS agrees to provide the services stated in this contract in a reliable, caring, and trustworthy manner. In consideration of these services and as an express condition thereof, Client expressly relinquishes and waives any and all claims against the company and its employees, for liability, including for loss, injury, or death to Client’s pet(s), except those arising from wanton or reckless misconduct on the part of TPS.
- TPS accepts no liability for any breach of security or loss of or damage to the client’s property stemming from the act(s) or failure to act of third parties, whether known or unknown, including but not limited to, friends, neighbors, relatives or other service persons, who enter client’s residence for any purpose while TPS is caring for the pets.
The pet sitter does not assume responsibility and has no liability for any injuries the pet may sustain or property damage the pet may cause while in its own home/property.
- TPS shall not be liable for any mishap (i.e. illness, injury, loss or death) which may befall a pet or caused by a pet who has unsupervised access to the outdoors.
Client will be responsible for all medical expenses and damages resulting from an injury to a Pet Sitter, or other persons, by the Pet. Client agrees to indemnify, hold harmless, and defend TPS in the event of a claim by any person injured by the Pet and/or claims for property damage.
- TPS is released from all liability related to transporting pet(s) to and from any veterinary clinic or kennel, the medical treatment of the pet(s) and the expense.
- TPS is not responsible for wilted, dead or otherwise unhealthy plants. TPS will work hard to follow your written directions as precisely as possible, but cannot be responsible if the results are not favorable. Please place all indoor plants together on a waterproof surface in plain sight, as your pet sitter is not responsible for water damaged areas or missed plants.
- TPS is not responsible for damage to the home beyond the control of the Pet Sitter. This includes, but is not limited to leaks, electrical problems, and acts of nature. In these situations, the company will attempt to contact the client and then the emergency contact before making a subjective decision on dealing with the problem. All repairs and related fees (including Special Service emergency service time and coordination fees) will be paid by the client, or fully reimbursed to TPS within 14 days.
- TPS shall have no liability for acts, errors or omissions of third parties regarding care of client’s pet(s), entry or presence upon the client’s premises; and client agrees to reimburse and hold harmless TPS from any such claim.
- TPS is not liable for the acts of one pet against another or for property damage caused by Client’s pet(s).
- TPS shall not be liable for any acts of God, such as floods, hurricanes, tornadoes, ice storms, fire, or the death of the pet(s) due to natural causes.
Reservations are made to plan sitter availability to clients; therefore, clients returning home early will be required to pay for the reserved amount of time scheduled including travel time. Client agrees to notify TPS of any concerns within 24 hours of return.
TPS will do its best to see to your pet(s) safety/care should such events occur, but cannot guarantee being able to reach your home. In such a case, every attempt will be made to reach your designated neighbor or emergency contact to help with pet(s).
In the event of personal emergency or illness of TPS, TPS may arrange for another qualified person to fulfill responsibilities as set forth on this contract. In such case, TPS remain fully responsible for the proper discharge of all services under this Agreement. Every attempt will be made to notify client regarding such situation.
Termination of Contract
- The client may terminate this contract a minimum of 8-14 days prior to the first scheduled visit without incurring penalties (see cancellation section for specifics).
- TPS may terminate this contract at any time before or during its term if TPS, in its sole discretion, determines that the Client’s pet(s) poses a danger to the health or safety of itself, other pets, other people, or TPS personnel. If such concerns prohibit the TPS from caring for the pet, the client authorizes the pet to be placed in a kennel (or previously arranged locale), with all charges (including but not limited to transportation, kenneling, tranquilizing, treating, accessing, and liability) to be the responsibility of the client. Termination under these circumstances shall not entitle the client to any refunds nor relief of any outstanding payments due. The exception to the termination would be if TPS agrees to continue with other home caring duties and/or caring for other listed pets at no reduction in compensation.
- If TPS needs to cancel less than 72 hours prior to the client’s departure due to unforeseen circumstances, TPS may appoint a substitute with the written approval of the client and any difference in the fees charged shall be paid by TPS.
- Any false or misleading information in the New Client Paperwork and Veterinary Release may constitute a breach of terms of this vontract and be grounds for immediate termination.
The terms of this Contract shall be binding upon and accrue to the benefit and be enforceable by either party’s successors, legal representatives and assigns.
This contract shall be construed, interpreted and governed in accordance with the laws of the State of Washington and should any provision of this Contract be judged by an appropriate court as invalid, it shall not affect any of the remaining provisions whatsoever.
- The parties agree that any or all parts of this agreement may be submitted to the other party in legible and recordable electronic form and upon acknowledgement of receipt by the receiving party shall become valid parts of the agreement.
- Paragraph headings are for convenience of reference only and are not intended to have any effect in the interpretation or determining of rights or obligations under this agreement.
- Where appropriate words signifying one gender shall include the other and words signifying the singular shall Include the plural and vice versa.
- This agreement is valid from the date it was approved and replaces any prior agreements. Client agrees to any future TPS term changes mailed/emailed in writing to the client or posted on the website.
- I have reviewed this Service Contract in its entirety. The information provided by me is complete and accurate and I agree to all its terms and conditions as set out above.