Supplemental Dog Walker Questions:
Being a dog walker is a fun/rewarding job but carries great responsibility because living/breathing four legged friends will be relying on you for care.
If you haven’t been a professional dog walker before, you may not realize there are 15 characteristics one must have to thrive. Answering the questions below will help us see if the position is a good fit for you. You can either: (1) copy/paste the questions into an email, answer them and email to firstname.lastname@example.org OR complete the form below.
- Tell me about a time when you had to adjust to a colleague’s working style in order to complete a project or achieve your objectives.
- Tell me about a time that you were confused by a customer’s request. What steps did you take to clarify things?
- Tell me about a time you have “inherited” a customer. What steps did you take to establish rapport with them? What did you do to gain their trust?
- Give me an example of a time when you were able to successfully communicate with another person even when that individual may not have personally liked you (or vice versa).
- Tell me about a problem that you’ve solved in a unique or unusual way. What was the outcome? Were you happy or satisfied with it?
- Tell me about a time when you had to make a decision without all the information you needed. How did you handle it?
- Describe a situation in which you recognized a potential problem as an opportunity. What did you do? What was the result? What, if anything, do you wish you had done differently?
- Tell me about a time when you experienced a loss for doing what is right. How did you react?
- Tell me about a time when you had to work with someone you did not get along with (co-worker or manager). What happened?
- Tell me about a team project when you had to take charge of the project? What did you do? What was the result?
- Describe a situation that required you to do a number of things at the same time. How did you handle it? What was the result?
- Tell me about a time when you had to analyze information and make a recommendation. What kind of thought process did you go through? Was the recommendation accepted? If not, why?
- What have you done in the past to prevent a situation from becoming too stressful for you or your colleagues to handle?
- Tell me about a time when you worked with a colleague who was not doing their share of the work. How did you handle it?
- Tell me about a particular work-related setback you have faced. How did you deal with it?