Rules & Regulations for Everett Parks Scavenger Hunt
Sponsored by Tailored Pet Services & Everett Rocks Facebook Group
Every community is special and has a story to tell. The Everett Parks scavenger hunt provides a fun way to explore the different neighborhoods that make-up your community. It also provides an opportunity to take your dog and/or family on a walk around Everett to find joy in our local parks. All parks used as location for clues can be found using the Everett Parks map.
- The object of the game is to find the selfie spot by noon Friday, July 10 using the four clues provided.
- Players can work as part of a team and non-players can be asked for help to solve clues; however, only one prize will be awarded.
- Must have at least one digital camera or phone (pictures may be used as proof of hunt completion). Remember to have batteries charged and plenty of memory so you don’t miss out on prize due to not being able to take a picture.
- At each clue spot, take a picture of ONE small rock per team (make sure at least one team members’ hand is visible so judges know it’s you).
- When you’ve reached the selfie spot, take a photo of one or more participants in front of selfie sign (make sure selfie sign is readable).
- No age limits or age restrictions-all ages welcome (if anyone under the age of 18 wants to participate in the scavenger hunt, an adult in the group needs to submit the photos).
- Playing Fair – Have fun and try to win but don’t let your competitive instincts drive you to ruin other peoples’ chances to win. If caught, your team will be disqualified. That means no sabotaging, lying, cheating, stealing, or copying other people’s work.
- The point is to have fun, but to do so legally (no trespassing on private property, etc.)
- While visiting the parks, please be polite and respectful of other community members.
- The decisions of the judges are final.
Participants must submit form below by noon on Friday, July 10 to qualify for the prize drawing which will be drawn on Friday, July 10 at 1pm.
To let sponsors know how much you enjoy participating, post your selfie photo to their Facebook pages (please do NOT upload any clues photos to ensure you don’t give someone an unfair advantage)
• Tailored Pet Services: https://www.facebook.com/TAILoredPetServicesLLC/
• Everett Rocks Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1695715270752396/
Disclosure: By participating in the Scavenger Hunt, participants agree to release and hold harmless Tailored Pet Services, Everett Parks and the agents and employees thereof from any and all liability for personal injury, death, property damage or loss, or any other loss resulting from or arising out of their participation in the event.
Official Rules for Everett Parks Scavenger Hunt Contest:
NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE THE CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. Eligibility: This Campaign is open only to those who complete form above and who are 18 years of age or older at the date of entry. The Campaign is only open to legal residents of Washington and is void where prohibited by law. Employees of Tailored Pet Services, its affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, and suppliers, (collectively the “Employees”), and immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of Employees are not eligible to participate in the Campaign. The Campaign is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited.
2. Agreement to Rules: By participating, the Contestant (“You”) agree to be fully unconditionally bound by these Rules, and You represent and warrant that You meet the eligibility requirements. In addition, You agree to accept the decisions of Tailored Pet Services as final and binding as it relates to the content of this Campaign.
3. Campaign Period: Entries will be accepted online starting on noon Friday, July 3 and ending noon, Friday, July 10. All online entries must be received by July 10 at noon PST.
4. How to Enter: The Campaign must be entered by submitting an entry using the online form above. The entry must fulfill all Campaign requirements, as specified, to be eligible to win a prize. Entries that are incomplete or do not adhere to the rules or specifications may be disqualified at the sole discretion of Tailored Pet Services. You may enter only once. You must provide the information requested. You may not enter more times than indicated by using multiple email addresses, identities, or devices in an attempt to circumvent the rules. If You use fraudulent methods or otherwise attempt to circumvent the rules, your submission may be removed from eligibility at the sole discretion of Tailored Pet Services.
5. Prizes: The Winner of the Campaign will receive a prize from a local business. The specifics of the prize shall be solely determined by Tailored Pet Services. No cash or other prize substitution shall be permitted except at Tailored Pet Services’ discretion. The prize is nontransferable. Any and all prize-related expenses, including without limitation any and all federal, state, and/or local taxes, shall be the sole responsibility of Winner. No substitution of prize or transfer/assignment of prize to others or request for the cash equivalent by Winner is permitted. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission for Tailored Pet Services to use Winner’s name, likeness, and entry for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation unless prohibited by law.
6. Odds: The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
7. Winner Selection and Notification: Winner will be selected by a random drawing under the supervision of Tailored Pet Services. Winner will be notified by email within five (5) days following selection of Winner. Tailored Pet Services shall have no liability for Winner’s failure to receive notices due to spam, junk e-mail, or other security settings or for Winner’s provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information. If Winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim the prize within 14 days from the time award notification was sent, or fails to timely return a completed and executed declaration and release as required, the prize may be forfeited and an alternate Winner selected. Receipt by Winner of the prize offered in this Campaign is conditioned upon compliance with any and all federal, state, and local laws and regulations. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY WINNER (AT TAILORED PET SERVICES’ SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN WINNER’S DISQUALIFICATION AS WINNER OF THE CAMPAIGN, AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
8. Rights Granted by You: By entering photo content, you understand and agree that Tailored Pet Services, anyone acting on behalf of Tailored Pet Services, and Tailored Pet Services’ licensees, successors, and assigns, shall have the right, where permitted by law, to print, publish, broadcast, distribute, and use in any media now known or hereafter developed, in perpetuity and throughout the World, without limitation, your entry, name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, image, statements about the Campaign, and biographical information for news, publicity, information, trade, advertising, public relations, and promotional purposes. without any further compensation, notice, review, or consent. By entering this content, you represent and warrant that your entry is an original work of authorship, and does not violate any third party’s proprietary or intellectual property rights. If your entry infringes upon the intellectual property right of another, you will be disqualified at the sole discretion of Tailored Pet Services. If the content of your entry is claimed to constitute infringement of any proprietary or intellectual proprietary rights of any third party, you shall, at your sole expense, defend or settle against such claims. You shall indemnify, defend, and hold harmless Tailored Pet Services from and against any suit, proceeding, claims, liability, loss, damage, costs or expense, which Tailored Pet Services may incur, suffer, or be required to pay arising out of such infringement or suspected infringement of any third party’s right.
9. Terms & Conditions: Tailored Pet Service. reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Campaign should virus, bug, non-authorized human intervention, fraud, or other cause beyond Tailored Pet Services’ control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, or proper conduct of the Campaign. In such case, Tailored Pet Services may select the Winner from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by Tailored Pet Services. Tailored Pet Services reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Campaign or website or violates these Terms & Conditions. Tailored Pet Services has the right, in its sole discretion, to maintain the integrity of the Campaign, to void votes for any reason, including, but not limited to: multiple entries from the same user from different IP addresses; multiple entries from the same computer in excess of that allowed by Campaign rules; or the use of bots, macros, scripts, or other technical means for entering. Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Campaign may be a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such an attempt be made, Tailored Pet Services reserves the right to seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.
10. Limitation of Liability: By entering, You agree to release and hold harmless Tailored Pet Services and its subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers, and directors from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim, or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from: (i) such entrant’s participation in the Campaign and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize or any portion thereof; (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunction of any computer, cable, network, hardware, or software, or other mechanical equipment; (iii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions, telephone, or Internet service; (iv) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; (v) electronic or human error in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of entries.
11. Disputes: THIS Campaign IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF THE UNITED STATES AND WASHINGTON WITHOUT RESPECT TO CONFLICT OF LAW DOCTRINES. As a condition of participating in this Campaign, participant agrees that any and all disputes that cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Campaign, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in Washington having jurisdiction. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances shall participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to, punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorney’s fees, other than participant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e. costs associated with entering this Campaign). Participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
13. Sponsor: The Sponsor of the Campaign is Tailored Pet Services, Everett, WA 98203.
14. The Campaign hosted by Tailored Pet Services is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Facebook.