Pet Host: 1+ year commitment
Please note, the following six items are required to secure employment as a TPS independent contractor:
- Safety of client’s pets is our primary goal so no personal pets can be living in the home during service.
- Confirmation from the city that your home has appropriate zoning for such work.
- Own home or provide a letter from landlord agreeing to private boarding.
- Sign a contract for minimum of one year.
- Pass a federal background check.
- Two in-home boarding references
Our assignments provide an incredible opportunity to spend time with a variety of animals on a part-time basis to supplement an existing income. Applicants should be aware that this type of work is a big responsibility — living, breathing animals will be relying on you to be a punctual, organized and competent care giver. Trustworthiness, plenty of common sense, and an ability to follow detailed instructions are key criteria to working with us.
Two steps occur when a client requests service: (1) we learn about the personality and lifestyle of pet and (2) if we feel client is a good fit for you, we arrange a time for client to meet you in your home in ensure a match.
Job Details & Responsibilities
- Home must be free from obvious and known hazards because dogs will chew on things.
- Fenced-in yard and doors that latch properly.
- Available to walk dogs several times a day.
- Safe and sanitary place to contain client’s dogs when you are not home.
- WHOLE FAMILY must be excited to take in pets.
- Proof of liability insurance. (We will add you to our policy to cover the pets in your care and damage to your property).
- Understand that there will be accidents, illnesses and messes to clean up.
- Familiar with and able to care for the breeds that you agree to board.
Compensation: $30/dog per 24-hour period