FAQ / POLICIES
How many dogs do you walk at a time?
Will TAILored Pet Services (TPS) cancel on us?
TPS has been in business since May 2011 and has NEVER cancelled a scheduled service for any of our clients. The benefit of hiring a professional dog walking company is you have a team to take care of you and your furry baby. If your primary walker is not available, an educated substitute walker will come instead.
How are TPS’ professional sitters/dog walkers selected?
We receive many applications from pet lovers wanting to become part of the Tailored Pet Services team, but only a few are accepted. Our rigorous requirements include a comprehensive application, multiple phone interviews, in person interview, dog walking test and finally a federal background check. Once hired, our dog walkers are taught safe dog walking procedures before starting to walk dogs unsupervised. Our thoroughness, attentiveness and special formula for providing premium pet care ensures your furry baby will be well taken care.
How are visits timed?
How do you ensure my dog’s safety?
What types of payment do you accept and when is payment due?
Why are daily cat pet sitting visits required?
Sometimes, we receive vacation requests to visit cat clients every 2-3 days. At Tailored Pet Services (TPS), we insist on a minimum of once a day visits because of the numerous ways your cats’ safety may be compromised if not visited daily. For more information, read our blog article: Why are daily cat pet sitting visits required?
How do you access my home?
We request three keys so we have one for the primary walker, back-up walker and owner. The extra two keys are used to continue service if your primary walker becomes ill. If giving us three keys is impossible, you will be charged a pick up and drop off charge ($15 each).
If you have a door code or plan to be home when service provided, no key is necessary; however, we aren’t responsible if we can’t access home because of door code mechanical failure or no one answers the door.
Do you charge a holiday fee?
What services are included with a vacation visit?
Pet Sitting Tasks
• Food and Fresh Water
• Potty break in fenced yard (walks extra)
• Administer medication (no injections)
• Litter box scooped, pet waste removal
• Treats for good pets (if allowed)
• Provide love and attention for them as if they were our own
• Clean-up pet messes (vomit & potty accidents)
• Observing pet’s mood, health, well-being and safety
• Visit log
• Water indoor plants
• Alternate blinds and lights
• Pick up mail, newspapers, flyers and packages
• Check overall security of your home
• Transport the trash cans/recycle bins to/from curb
• Sweep and/or vacuum after your pet (if equipment provided)
Is Tailored Pet Services similar to on-demand dog walking apps like Rover and Wag?
Both apps are tech companies who act as a middleman between customer and sitter so quality is dependent on the sitter/not company. Tailored Pet Services strives to build strong relationships with your family and we promise to resolve problems promptly. Both apps hire independent contractors which prevents training and oversight. Tailored Pet Services hires employees and continuously trains/develops them to ensure quality care, and offer a money back guarantee. For more differences, read our blog article: Professional Vs. Hobby Pet Sitter
What are the benefits of a dog walker versus a doggie daycare?
Many dog owners consider Fido and Spot important family members so the decision to sign up them for doggie daycare or hiring a dog walker for them is a significant one. The first step is determining if they are suitable candidates for doggie daycare. Suitable characteristics: (1) good physical health, (2) spayed/neutered, (3) enjoy socializing in a pack and being around other dogs, (4) comfortable in new environments or (5) content around unfamiliar dogs and people. If they don’t fit this criteria, hiring a dog walker may be the better choice. For more information to help you make a decision, read our blog article: Daycare: Is Your Dog Is an Ideal Candidate?
Are you licensed, bonded and insured?
Do you hire independent contractors or employees?
How do I know the walker came?
We always leave a progress report after each visit; however, we can also send you a text message with a photo letting you know we came so you have peace of mind through the rest of your day.
Will the same walker/sitter come each time?
What is your cancellation policy?
We require cancellations be received by text/phone/email and in order to best serve our client’s needs, our cancellation policy is follows:
• Mid Day Walks (Monday-Friday between 9am-3pm): clients who need us 2+ times per week pay a flat monthly fee instead of by the visit. Because membership begins on the first of the month and ends on the last day of the month, we charge a 50% cancellation fee. Walk cancellations need to be communicated to the office no later than 7am the same day or you will be charged for visit.
• Pet Sitting: Life can be unpredictable so we realize situations happen which may cause plans to change. After appointments are scheduled and confirmed, a cancellation fee may apply to compensate employees for reserving time for your visits. Refund given if cancellation received 8+ days prior to service except holidays (holidays must be cancelled 14+ days in advance).
• Overnights: it is difficult to fill the spot when someone cancels so you must cancel 31+ days in advance to receive a refund (fee applies to compensate us for turning away business).
• Boarding: To secure a Boarding Reservation you will be required to provide a non-refundable reservation fee. The required fee will be at least $100.00 or 10%, except in cases where the Boarding Reservation is valued at less than $100.00. In that circumstance, you will be required to pay the full amount of the Boarding fee in advance to secure the reservation. All reservation fees will be applied towards the cost of the boarding. Because in-home boarding is a personalized service, you will still be required to pay the remaining balance due on the scheduled boarding unless you comply with the cancellation policies as follows: (1) · Non-holidays: cancel at least thirty-one (31) days in advance of the first day of scheduled reservation or (2) Company holidays: cancel at least sixty (60) days in advance of the first day of scheduled reservation. If the appropriate notice is given, your deposit will be credited towards a future boarding reservation. No credit will be given if your pet is picked up earlier than expected. If you dispute forfeited deposits, you will be banned from our facility permanently.
What is your COVID-19 policy?
We have two slightly different policies for when human client NOT home and when they are home. Visit our COVID-19 page for more information.
Can I make last-minute arrangements?
Do you have references?
We have numerous references and would love to share them (we can supply before/during/after our Meet and Greet). Also, read glowing feedback from our satisfied clients on Google Reviews.
Our Clients Love Us!
I think Chantelle is absolutely fabulous! She is sweet and loving and truly cares about my dog. She is 100% reliable and communicates with me in a timely and professional way. I would recommend her to anyone.
Diana – Snohomish 98296