Do you love dogs? Like spending time outdoors? Have a flexible schedule?
If you can answer “yes” to ALL the following questions, being a dog walker may be right for you.
• Physically able to (1) sit, stand, bend, kneel, reach, push, pull, for up to periods of an hour; (2) lift, carry and otherwise move up to 50 pounds, (3) walk 3-10 miles per day, and (4) control dogs up to 100 pounds?
• Can you walk 3-10 miles per day?
• Do you have a reliable car so you can drive between visits?
• Are you available from 9:00am-3:00pm Monday-Friday?
• Do you have a computer, printer and cell phone with internet access?
• Do you live in our service area?
Being a dog walker provides an incredible opportunity to spend time with dogs on a part-time basis to SUPPLEMENT an existing income. Applicants should be aware that this type of work requires a tremendous amount of responsibility — living, breathing animals will be relying on you to be a punctual, organized and competent care giver. Trustworthiness, plenty of common sense, and an ability to follow detailed instructions are key criteria to working with us and our clients.
What We Offer
• Starting pay is $15.00 an hour ($13.50 base + $1.50 mileage stipend) and we offer direct deposit for your paychecks.
• Ability to increase your income by doing overnights and pet sitting visits.
• Clients can be generous with tips/gifts and pets lavish you with their love and affection.
• We offer paid training, and we will train you in pet first aid/CPR.
• You are a valued member of our team! We offer you the support and guidance you need to be successful.
• Physical able to (1) sit, stand, bend, kneel, reach, push, pull, for up to periods of an hour; (2) lift, carry and otherwise move up to 50 pounds, (3) walk 3-10 miles per day, and (4) control dogs up to 100 pounds.
• Must be available Monday-Friday 9:00am-3:00pm.
• Ideal candidate lives in service area.
• Reliable car and cell phone with internet access is required.
• Access to a computer and a printer is mandatory.
• Ability to pass a federal background check.